Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Going to Salt Lake City on the Cheap


  I fly out to Salt Lake City tomorrow at 6:30 in the morning (I do not like getting up early and I have to get up a 4am, yuck).  Last night I rolled all of my change from my piggy bank (yes I am 27 and still use a piggy bank) and from my car and I rolled about $100.  Not bad, eh?  I decided to not take all of the money I rolled.  I am going to bring $65 and put the rest in my savings account.  I am going to make a kind of game out of not having too much money and traveling.  5 days on $65.  Can I do it?
  I am going to SLC for a YMCA conference so there are certain meals that are comped and certain events that are free.  This will help me spend less and have more money for shopping and goodies.  I will posting pictures all weekend and revealing my dress that I just finished.  There are a few changes to the dress but I am quite happy with it and can't wait to show it off.  I just hope it travels well.  I have to pack everything into a small-medium suitcase. 
  I found a Lolita who lives in SLC and offered to show me around a bit so I am super excited to see what she likes in the city.  It is nice to know a local so they can show you smaller shops and perhaps things that you would never see otherwise.
  Keep checking back this weekend to see my pictures and finds.  Hopefully I will have a great flight that is safe and fast,

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Have fun! And no worries, I'm 23, almost 24, and I still use a piggy bank ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails