I have been working on my grey and black skirt for a few days now and I have made a few changes. Upon closer inspection I realized that the grey plaid fabirc is heavier than the black. Therefore it needed to go underneath the black. If I didn't make this change the skirt would not sit well. It would look droopy. Boo, droopy. So! I just switched and I think it looks perfectly fine.
When I make skirts and dresses I like to use lost of fabric to make the skirt and ruffles. I think makes it fuller and gives it more movement when you walk. The fuller the skirt the prettier it is.
It is almost done. All I have to do is sew the 2 layers together and attach the waist band. This will take a bit of time as to avoid bunching fabric. I hope to finish it today and take pictures. It will be quite lovely once it is done.