Friday, September 17, 2010

Lolita Rules That I Follow #3 - Boots Go With Lolita

  Now, I know a lot of people don't share my intense love of boots.  I own tons of boots and about 4 pairs of shoes, and these shoes are all Lolita shoes.  When I am putting myself together for the day I always head straight for my boots.  I can't help it. 
  I have been a boots girl for about 10 years now.  I can remember the first pair of boots that gave me the boot bug.  I was 17, working at a summer camp in Upstate NY, I made an order through the Delia's catalog and bought The Boots.  They were calf high, iridescent silver, and the coolest boots that I had ever seen.  I wore them until they literally fell apart.  You could see my toes out the front, the back soles were no longer connected, there was not traction, and there were holes all over them.  I loved those boots so much.

Third Rule, Wear Boots 
 I think boots with Lolita don't get enough love.  When I look at Daily Lolita and egl and see pictures of Lolita 9 out of 10 times they are wearing shoes.  I know the Tea Party Shoes and Rocking Horse Shoes are really cool and cute  but there is something magical about tall boots with a puffy skirt.
I know sometimes weather does not permit people to wear boots (100 degree weather) but most of the time you can wear them.  Now is the perfect time to get a pair and wear them for the next 10 months.  Most of the boots that I have are just regular boots and not meant for Lolita, I don't care. In my eyes, they go with everything.
I am not shoes bashing (I just bought 2 pairs of RHS from Bodyline) I am just sharing a little of my              boot love.

2 comments:

  1. I love boots too! If I could, I'd only buy boots.
    Since I live in San Francisco though, I see tons of girls wearing boots everyday. (Not lolita, but still)
    The thing is that I love heels even more, so my shoe collection consists of mostly heels. I have been going on the search for the perfect pair of boots recently though.
    I haven't bought a loli pair yet though. I've got my eye on AatP's Clara Short Boot though. It combines both my loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, boots need more love! My dream boots are basically like the white pair pictured, but in black. In the future I'm hoping to amass a formidable collection of boots, for my goth as well as goth loli days.
    You're right tho, I've recently found that shoes can be worth appreciating lol. Especially low-heeled mary janes. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails