I didn't really have an inspiration for this dress but more of an element that I started with. I really wanted an open neckline with a wide lace finish. It just kind of went from there. This dress is very romantic and light to me. I am thinking a chiffon for the ruffles and a nice lite lace. I also thought I would try something by putting the bow on the side and on the hip. You can't see it in the above picture but the bow is going to have 4 tails all together. 2 in the front and 2 in the back. Also, a long tail and a short one on top. I am thinking of making the bodice a bit more stiff than the average top so I will be sewing muslin in between the outer fabric and the lining.
Speaking of lining. I think it is a necessity for almost all Lolita dresses and it disappoints me when I purchase a dress and it doesn't have one. A lining makes a dress more finished, clean on the inside, and sturdy. All of the dresses that I make have a lining. Even a light lining is nice.
I really like this dress and I want to make it. I don't know how many of these dresses will actually get made but I will have to try and make quite a few of them.