Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year and A Dress a Day!

  I hope everyone and a safe and fun New Years Eve.  My husband and I went to a friends house and had a pretty low key and at some times boring night.  But, there were lots of little things to nibble on so that was good.  I am still hashing out my new years resolution.  I think it is going to be along the lines of being more ambitious and more driven.  I have a habit of letting things go and not following through like I should.  I think I just need to set time aside for each thing I want to work on and improve.  Mostly sketching, the gym, sewing, and working on the Lolita Project. 
  I am starting a new project for the month of January, A Dress a Day!  I will be designing and sketching a new Lolita OP or JSK everyday.  31 dresses in 31 days.  They most likely won't be in color or super fancy illustrations but they will be ideas on paper.  I have a nice Moleskin sketchpad that I bought a couple of years ago and it is perfect.  It is small enough for me to carry around in my purse but big enough to make a nice sketch in.  My sketches usually aren't very big anyway.  I tend to sketch and write very small. 
  It will be fun to sketch everyday again.  I haven't done that since I was in school.  I also want to do a couple of sketches for a cosplay that I need for March and a Mario themed Lolita dress for March as well.  March is the Penny Arcade Expo again (the one that I made the Gabe and Tycho Dresses for) so I need a couple of cute things to wear.  So, big things ahead.  I have a very good feeling about 2011.  I think it is going to be a good year.  I hope it is a happy, healthy, and super fun one for everybody!

2 comments:

  1. That does sound fun! You make me want to get more of my own sewing ideas on paper too.
    I have that feeling too about 2011. It seems like a good year to really get started on several creative projects I've had in mind for years. Anyway, good luck! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo that sounds fun, I love drawing outfits on my female characters I create!! I hope you achieve your goal!

    Kitty x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails