Thursday, February 16, 2012

How To Save Money: Save a Little Automatically


Saving money is not always easy. It is pretty darn hard sometimes. A nice easy way to save money on a regular basis is to automatically tuck a small amount away every time you get money. Whether it be a paycheck, allowance, birthday money, or anything tuck some away. A good example is direct deposit for your paycheck. For quite some time I had my paycheck automatically deposited in my bank account so this means that I don't have cash in my hands at any time. People tend to spend when they see cash in their wallet. In addition to never having cash in my hand I also had $15 per week automatically deposited into my savings account. It is so easy because it is no effort. 
If you are younger you can do this with your parents and your allowance. Just ask them to tuck a certain amount away every week. I am sure that they would be more than happy to do this for you and probably proud of your saving ways. You will be surprised how quickly your saving will add up when it is automatic and you don't have to think about it.
It is also awesome to think about the future and how much money you will have saved in a certain amount of time. For example, if I save $15 per week for 6 months I will have $360! That is a brand spankin' new brand dress. Nice. You will not even know that the $15 a week is missing but you will notice a nice new dress in your closet in 6 months.

3 comments:

  1. Really great advice! Out of sight, out of mind is a really good approach to saving:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to put $10 a week away. It's great for just in case money. I call it my 'Trinket Treasure' ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put away some money every month, and it is a really smart thing to do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails