Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What I Got For My Birthday

This past weekend I celebrated my birthday. I had a nice quite time with my husband, friends, and family. On Saturday we went to Moe's Southwest Grill and got yummy food. If you sign up for their newsletter they send you a coupon for a free meal on your b-day. I got a tofu bowl with extra black olives. So good. After that we went and browsed Target and Good Will. I picked up some chap stick at Target and a couple new blouses at the 2nd hand store.

My husband gave me my presents at 12:30 in the morning because I get too excited and don't want to wait. We do the same thing on Christmas. Why not? We are adults and can exchange or give presents whenever we want. It is nice. I think he read my blog post on what I wanted for my big day because he gave me quite a few things that I asked for. He is such a sweet man. He got me a $50 credit for Amazon because he knew I wanted books but didn't know which ones.  In addition to reading he got me 2 Monster High dolls. He got me the Skull Shores Ghoulia Yelps and the new Operetta doll. They are great. Ghoulia is my favorite out of all the Monster High characters. The last and best gift he got me has yet to arrive. He is buying me the one year subscription to My Glam. Yea! All of the subscriptions are sold out and have been for a bit. But, once they are available again one of them is mine. It will be exciting when those packages start showing up in the mail.


Dinner was spent with my in laws for a nice quiet time. My father in law did some grilling and made way too much. Chicken, pork chops, hot dogs, and hamburgers were yummy. They also got me a sunny birthday cake with pretty frosting flowers on it. I had a small piece. Sunday was dinner with my parents and my mother made a Thanksgiving style dinner. She made lemon squares for dessert because they are one of my favorites.

All in all it was a nice low key birthday. I like low key. I made my wish when I blew out my candles and I hope it comes true. It will come true, I will make it happen. I can't tell you what it is though. you know that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails