Tuesday, February 14, 2012

PAX East 2012 Outfits


It is almost that time of year again, the Penny Arcade East 2012 convention. This year it is on Easter weekend April 6th-8th. I really look forward to PAX East because it is the only con that I go to and it is nice to have a weekend of fun in a new city. Seeing all the video games, buying geeky stuff, playing new board games, and being around cool and nice people is too much fun.
Since I so look forward to a fun weekend I like to make outfits to make it even more fun. A cosplay and a Lolita outfit. Last year I made a female Ezio Assassins Creed outfit and a Mario themed Lolita dress. The Ezio cosplay was well received and I really loved it. I worked very hard on it with many long hours and took pride in showing it off. This year I am going to be doing the same combination. A cosplay and a Lolita dress. After long deliberation and hemming and hawing I have made my decisions.

 Gordon Freeman from Half Life 2 and Minecraft. I will be making a Half Life 2 cosplay and a Minecraft Lolita dress. Both are well known amongst the video game community and popular. I think people will really like them. I have 2 months to make both of them so I have to make sure I start now and keep on track. Last year I waited till the last minute and I ended up working till 3 in the morning for 2 weeks straight. I don't want to do that again. 

I have been sketching up a storm and designing both outfits. I have come up with my designs and I am happy with them. I will being doing posts in the future about these outfits and how they are coming along. I can't wait for them to start coming around and see them coming together.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh a Minecraft dress sounds fun! I'm eager to see it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I love both ideas I think Minecraft lends itself better to awesome dress pattern options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME. i am looking forward to see a half life outfit! you whould totally make a rucksack out of a headcrab instead of usakumya, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails