Friday, February 19, 2010

Mascara review

  I am not a huge make-up person but one thing I do love is mascara.  I have scoured countless stores to find the perfect mascara and still have not found the perfect one.  So, I will be reviewing any new mascara that I get so perhaps you girls can benefit from my adventures in mascara.
  Last night I had to pink up a few things so I ventured to the make-up section and picked up MAYBELLINE'S New York XXL Extensions mascara.  I paid $10.00 for it but you might be able to find it for a little less.  It is one of the mascaras that has 2 wands, one on each end.  The claim for this one is that it will "tame" your unruly lashes and then  lengthens.
  I bought Black because I have pretty dark hair, eyelashes, and  eyebrows.  I rarely buy brown mascara but I love to pink up fun colors like blues, greens, and pink for fun.

Here is my eyelashes with nothing on
  I think I have pretty eyelashes that are long and have average fullness.  But, I want really full and really long without using falsies.  I was hoping this might be the mascara to do it.  First I did step number one; Tame Lashes.
Lashes Tamed
  The trick now is to use the black mascara right after you use the tamer.  You want the white taming mascara to still be wet when you out the next layer on.  (I find it dries kind of quick so I sometimes have a hard time getting in on quick enough.) 
Black Mascara 
  Not bad, eh?  There is a noticeable difference here.

Before and After
  All in all I would say this mascara is a good mascara but nothing earth shattering.  I am not sure if the taming part actually helps or if it is just a gimmick.  It also dries to fast for me and can cause a bit of clumping.  The black is a very dark black which I like.  $10.00 is a little much for me.  I prefer $8.00 and under.

I give it 7 out of 10 hearts.

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar one by Maybeline and I must admit they do make pretty good mascara considering their price.

    I've heard Dior are the best but they're obviously on the more pricey side so I'm trying to get my hands on a few samples first :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails