Wednesday, December 8, 2010

LoliGirls: The Movie!

  So.  I have been waiting to see this movie for quite a while now and it just became available to watch on line within the past week or so.  The moment I saw it I watched it and again the next day.  It is nice to see a piece on Lolita that represents the style well and has done its homework.  I have seen many articles in newspapers and online, videos, and pictures that misrepresent Lolita and sometimes just get it plain wrong.  
  The girls who star in LoliGirls are well spoken and have a strong knowledge of Lolita.  They sum up the style of Lolita well for those who don't know what Lolita is.  They also explore price, feminism, personal feelings, and more.  It is pretty short, around 15 minutes, but it does well with its time.
  I hope people who aren't into Lolita and people who have no idea what it is actually see this miniature film.  Take a peek for yourself and tell me what you think.


5 comments:

  1. Recently I saw it (after much anticipation!) and I agree, it's a wonderful film. ^^ I especially loved and could relate to the ideas about beauty that Victoria Suzanne and Aly expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ,personally, believe it was only an okay documentary. I felt as if they were trying to push the "childish and cute" feel to far. Although some information is a bit disagreeable, I feel like it's a decent way to introduce lolita to people who haven't heard of it. Although, it would be nice to see another type of lolita's viewpoint. Such as someone who doesn't fall exactly into the lifestyle an "ideal" lolita would have, just for a broader perspective. There was more I felt was lacking in this but this comment is long enough! XD I'd definitely recommend the Hors Serie's lolita documentary as an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Jangalian! The Hors Serie's documentary was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was cute, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, thought it was ok...honestly, to do a really good lolita documentary, I feel like you'd need a whole panel of lolitas from everywhere: people who can't afford brand, people who buy only brand, lifestylers, people who are just getting into it, et cetrea. But at least they knew what they were talking about, and at least they (more or less) accurately portrayed the outfits. It'd be a good documentary to show an apprehensive parent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails