Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Bodyline Haul

  About 2 times a year I make a nice purchase from Bodyline for a few reasons.  One, they are inexpensive.  Two, their stuff has gotten better (quality and design).   Three, it is fun to make a little splurge.   This latest splurge was quite a ride.
  I hopped onto Bodyline, made my purchase, never got a tracking number, and got the box 1 day ahead of the estimated arrival.  Yea!  My husband brought in the big box and slapped it on the kitchen table while I was playing Step Mania (It is just like DDR).  I made myself finish Step Mania (because I do it for exercise), take a shower, and then I got to open my box.  This is what I saw.
 So, I will start with the shoes.  When I had originally decided to make a purchase from Bodyline I had planned on buying more shoes but it just wasn't in the cards.  A lot of the shoes that I wanted were sold out in my size, 6 1/2ish.  After some hemming and hawing I settled on the two RHS and the awesome pair of pink boots.  I am very please with all 3 pairs of shoes.  They were all $25 a pop and worth it.  The boots I have worn about 5 or 6 times and I love them so much.  I can wear them everywhere but the RHS I have to be careful with.  I am not a very good walker (my balance is crap)  so I can only wear them to place where there are level floors and whatnot, like the mall.
The bows are all from the dresses that I bought but I really do love them by themselves.  They are great just to tack onto a JSK or skirt.  I have a fondness for the black blue polka dot one.  So Cute!  The white head dress is just a good generic white headdress.  I have a black one as well so now I have my two bases covered.  It was only $6 so it did not break the bank.  Now for the good stuff.  Dresses!!!
I ordered this dress for several reasons.  It has long sleeves that are detachable which will be great for winter, spring, and fall, and black is classic.  I like the high neck and I don't have any like that.  I believe I paid $34 for this one and it will be worth it.  I am sure I will get plenty of use out of it.  I have been leaning toward Gothic Lolita more and more.  
This pink dress was just too cute and innocent to pass up, plus it was twenty something dollars.  I wanted a pink dress because one of my light pink dresses got a stain on the front bodice and I cannot get it out.  I might salvage the bottom and make a skirt out of it.  This pink dress has really cute capped sleeves and a duo of cute ruffles along the hem of the skirt.  This dress just makes me smile.
I know there was a big buzz about this print when it came to Bodyline because it was a nice print and then there was a falling out of love with it because everyone has it.  Now I have one too.  I think it is very cute.  I have the matching bag in pink.  This dress I had to buy in a long size so it is very long, too long for me.  So, I am going to do a few pleat seems just above the carousel print to take away 4 inches.  It was a steal for twenty something dollars.  I really like the gold/yellow color.  It is kind of different and cool.
The big gem of the haul.  Dennis Teapot print!  This print is so playful and the polka dots just add to the cute.  It has a detachable collar which is to the right of the dress.  I like the option to wear it or not.  It is just nice to be able to choose.  The lace on this dress is quality.  It is soft and pretty thick.  I can see this dress with my new black RHS.  
I am super happy with my purchases and now I am happy to wear them and show them off.  So, what do you think?  Good purchases? 

9 comments:

  1. All very lovely. I think I`m going to do some shopping now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee I love those RHS! I ended up getting the laced up ones instead. I guess I'll purchase these sometime in the future XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bows and the heart jewel on the RHS. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that gothic dress! Lacing across the bodice is a favorite feature of mine. I hope you enjoy all of your new wardrobe pieces. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. @0 something dollars for a Lolita dress? That's amazing! I kind of want to steal your bows...I really like them and your white shoes and your dresses! The pink boots look really tough and cool for some reason! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg the pink boots! theyre awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi !
    i am looking at the same boots (only, the shorter style) from bodyline, and i cannot tell which is the pink and which is the rose. i am looking for the paler pink on the site. i am guessing this dark one was the pink , not rose. would you be able to remember ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails